Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Next Big Thing!

I was invited to do a post on my book Q&A style. She tagged me and in return I will be tagging several others that you can travel to and find their posts on their blogs.



Gail Zuniga www.gailzuniga.blogspot.com
Jolyn Brown jolynbrown.blogspot.com
Debra Davis www.debbiesinkspectations.blogspot.com
Luke http://www.grandspeculation.com/the-next-big-thing/

What is the working title of your book?

Daemarkin


Where did the idea come from for the book?

Naruto. I was watching the show and saw Gaara facing off in his sand demon form and suddenly the thought popped in my head a demon ninja, now that would make a cool story.




What genre does your book fall under?
YA Fantasy






Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Don’t know. Most of my characters are younger so not sure who I’d want to play them.






What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Daemarkin is the story of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde where Mr. Hyde is a demon trying to take over sixteen year old Zade’s body and the secrets Zade keeps are helping it gain control.






Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Agency. Definitely agency. I know the value of having a good agent. They have connections I don’t and know the business much better than I do.






How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
First draft 4 weeks, but it’s been through a lot of revisions since.






What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Sarah Rees Brennan’s the Demon Lexicon mixed with of course Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for the personality shift.






Who or What inspired you to write this book?
I love to write. It keeps me sane. Really I just wanted a book I could read and say “Yeah, that’s awesome.”






What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Not only does Zade fight for his very soul, but he’s the last warrior charged with keeping the villagers safe from a demon army. You can just imagine the conflict that goes with having a demon inhabiting his soul when he’s supposed to keep everyone safe. It gets him in a lot of tight spots (which I absolutely loved writing), tight spots that he can’t pull himself out of without the help of the friends he makes, friends who aren’t about to let him fight alone.


3 comments:

  1. Hello, Rachel! Just popped over from Donna Weaver's blog for the hop. What an interesting twist, to take Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and make Mr. Hyde a demon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing, Rachel. I love the merging of the demon thing with a traditional story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel! (Awesome video pitch below!) I didn't realize you were black on bloggerville. Yay! Guess I better stop in a little more often, eh? =)

    ReplyDelete