Friday, May 24, 2013

Liebster Blog Award Nominations!

Crystal

I was nominated for this award by Crystal Collier, a great friend of mine. Apparently I'm supposed to tell everyone 11 random things about me and answer 11 random questions. So, here they are.


11 Random facts about me:

1.       I love chocolate but am allergic to it.

2.       I have 2 children who take turns driving me crazy (sometimes they gang up).

3.       I once had a swarm of bees so thick you couldn’t see through it fly over my head.

4.       I can fix just about anything (and if I don’t know how google does).

5.       I have weak ankles.

6.       I lose weight when I’m pregnant.

7.       I love surprising people with things they didn’t expect to get and watching their reaction.

8.      I work every day to make my mind sharper and learn something new.

9.       I love animals and can’t help caring for them when they’re injured.

10.   My best friends are people I can ask how to kill someone and they don’t look at me strangely. (Aw the world of writers. You have to love it.)

11.    I prefer silence to noise (though with 2 kids a husband, three cats, one dog, and a million neighborhood kids constantly in my 1000 square foot house silence doesn’t happen much).

 

 

 11 Random Questions:

1.       What is the best book you've ever read?
Dragon’s Milk by Susan Fletcher: Mostly because this is the book I read a million times as a kid. It’s also the book that made me want to write.


2. What is your sport of choice? To play or watch?

Soccer! But only to play. I once took out a guy twice my size. I know, this isn’t football you’re saying. But we were both running toward the ball, I realized I couldn’t stop before hitting him so I turned sideways. He went down. I stayed up. (I once also hit the referee in the butt with the ball.)

3. What's the coolest place you've ever visited?
The worlds in my head. That counts, doesn’t it?

4. Favorite song or artists?
At the moment? Okay. Hmm . . . Well I really like Bruno Mars’s Just the Way You Are
5. What's your biggest pet peeve?
Tags! I hate them in books. Too many and I feel like I’m being slapped out of the story by a dead fish.

6. What is your brand of geek? (Or obsession?) 
If you’ve met me at all you know. I’m completely obsessed with stories.


7. What movie do you have memorized, word for word?

Pretty much anything I’ve watched more than once. My brother and I used to play a game where we’d see the movie and quote it the next time we watched it, each taking different characters.


8. If you could choose one myth to be true, which would it be: Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy?

Santa Claus. Definitely Santa Claus. Who doesn’t want a jolly fat guy squeezing down their chimney to leave presents (plus it would mean I don’t have to buy so many for my kids)


9. What food is your nemesis? 

Chocolate. Oh, how I love the taste. Unfortunately I’m allergic.


10. Which army would you choose to defend your home? Ninjas, or Cowboys? 

Ninjas. Duh.


11. What is your favorite or most embarrassing nick name? 

I think I only have one and that hasn’t been used since sixth grade. It’s Raquel.

 

Now for my questions.

 

1.       Who is your favorite author? Why?

2.       Have you ever done anything you think is insane? Would you do it again?

3.       Did you ever have an imaginary friend?

4.       Who is your hero?

5.       Have you ever read something that changed your life?

6.       Did you ever believe you could fly?

7.       What is the strangest thing a child has ever asked you?

8.      Dogs or Cats?

9.       If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would it be?

10.   What is your dream vacation?

11.    Are you right or left handed?


And the people I've nominated (if you want to be nominated leave me a comment and I'll link to your blog):

M.R. Buttars
Julie Ann Bateman

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Fun answers. I'm going to have to be more careful and keep my dead-fish-slapping to a minimum. =)

    ReplyDelete